1-2-1 development sessions for those in governance roles, for example councillors, board members, school governors and those providing support.
Using a solution focussed approach, and a background in public governance, I help people to find ways forward that are just right for them.
Examples of situations where I can help:
- People working out how to make an impact during the crisis
- New members of committees and boards working out how to make a difference
- Experienced members of committees and boards wanting to move to the next level
- Support officers looking to improve their practice
- People who are stuck with a particular challenge or dealing with tricky issues
- People looking to refresh how they work and find new ways of doing things
- Any aspect of personal development for elected or appointed members of boards or committees
Experience and credentials:
- Tutor for senior level apprenticeship students
- Facilitator and trainer working with councillors, board members and support officers
- Independent researcher collecting examples of good practice
- Experienced local government manager and supervisor
- Trained in solution focus by BRIEF including Solution Focussed Coaching
- Associate with the Centre for Public Scrutiny
- Worked in England and Wales
Sessions are 1 hour and £100 each. The first session is half price and you can pay as you go – no need to block book, you have just as many sessions as are useful.
To ensure a good fit, all engagements start with referral from someone I know.
If you are interested, or know someone who is, contact me here.